1. The motor shaft was broken, how can I replace motor shaft for mBot?
There is spare motor shaft in the mBot package, please find it and refer to the video tutorial to replace it if your shaft is broken.
2. Why does the mBot move in reverse with the instruction of IR remote controller?
Please try following ways to solve this issue:
The wires of the motors may be connected reversed. Please reconnect and have a check.
Change the battery for mBot since mBot may not function normal when no enough power provided.
According to our test and research, it is suggested to use rechargeable Li-ion battery or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride, nickel-cadmium which can be bought from amazon or local shop. Or Alkaline battery with good quality like Energizer, DURACELL.
3. What can I do if my mBot is not connected to Makeblock App with Bluetooth?
a. You didn't purchase the bluetooth version mBot.
b. The battery power is too low.
If the power is too low, the LED light of the bluetooth module will flash quickly. You can try the following methods to verify if the battery is too low: unplug the battery box connector, connect to the computer with a USB cable, and then connect to Bluetooth in the App (the computer's USB power supply is enough to power the Bluetooth module).
c. Other programs may have been uploaded to the mBot.
You may have uploaded a program to the mBot on the computer side. Please reconnect to the app after updating the firmware.
d. Bluetooth modules were damaged.
If the blue LED light of the bluetooth module remains on after the main control board is powered on, it can be concluded that the bluetooth module is damaged.(The normal phenomenon is: the blue light flashes slowly after power-on, and it will stay on until the App is successfully connected)
- We can also try to reset default program and upgrade firmware with USB cable connection on the mBlock 5 PC client first, and then connect mBot to the Makeblock app through Bluetooth.
- If no Bluetooth signal is detected, enable GPS on your device.
4. Why my mBot doesn't move when I set motor speed to 50?
When we set the speed to 50, here the "50" is not the real speed value. The real running speed depends on the voltage and speed value.
Here we take mBot as an example:
- The setting speed is 50, and the maximum speed is 255.
- The battery is 3.7V, and it is fully charged.
- The rated voltage is 6V forTT Geared Motor, and the no load speed: 200RPM±10.
Thus, setting speed to 50 might be too slow for TT Geared Motors to run. Try 100 above to have a look.
5. Why does mBot's infrared remote control not work?
a. The romote control has no battery or battery installed backward.
Open the shell on the back of the remote control and check whether the battery is installed backwards. The correct way to place the battery is shown as following picture.
b. The battery has run down.
You can change a new battery, the battery model is: CR2025. You can purchase from some
c. The remote control no infrared signal output.
Check the remote control for signal output and turn on the phone's camera (iOS system is not supported, please test with Android ). After truning on the phone's camera, aligning the remote control and press a botton at random. If the remote control has red light, the remote control is not broken.
d. Infrared receiver on the mainboard dropped or lost.
Under this circumstance, please contact the vendor to replace or repair.