1. How to reset default program and update the firmware of mBot in mBlock5?
Step 1 Download the latest mBlock software latest version in this link
Decompress the file after download and install the mBock software on your PC.
Step 2 Connect mBot to PC with USB cable and turn on the mBot.
Step 3 Open mBlock software, click on “+” and choose mBot from device library. By the way, Codey is the default device and it is ok if you just delete it. If you also see “download icon” against mBot, please download it and reopen the software and add mBot here. Then click Settings > Update Firmware > select online firmware to update firmware or select factory firmware to reset default program.
2. How to change the speed of mBot?
If you control the mBot through IR remote controller with the factory default program, the 1-9 keys on the IR remote control are set to adjust the speed of mBot. 1 for slowest and 9 for fastest.
3. Can mBot connect to the phone through Bluetooth?
Yes, mBot can connect to the bluetooth of the phone or ipad directly.
4. Do I need to buy the programming software?
5. Does mBot only has blue one?
6. How long can mBot be used on a full charge?
Under the mode of fully charge and default patrol, mBot can work for 10 hours.
7. Is mBot compatible with Bluetooth and 2.4G connectivity?
8. Is online debugging supported? Does mBot have to upload the program before it can run?
9. How to use the 2.4G mBot?
10. How to match the Phone/ Tablet when I using more than one mBot?
If you use more than 3 mbots in the same room at the same time, you may be confused when connecting mBot and mobile App through bluetooth, because all the bluetooth named by Makeblock, which may cause wrong robot connecrion.
Under this circumstance, please take the following one-to-one pairing step:
1. Leave one mBot on and the rest off
2. Use phone or tablet match the one you turn on, pair them one-to-one
3. The remaining mbots are also matched at the same ways
11. What's the differences between [online firmware] and [factory firmware]?
In order to improve the playability of the mBot, Makeblcok comes with a built-in default program.
- Online firmware: The factory has preset factory procedures for the robot, such as obstacle avoidance mode and line patrol mode. Users can switch modes by remote control or on-board buttons to experience the fun of the robot.
- Factory firmware: Mainly used in online mode programming scenarios. But the preset program takes up memory capacity on the main console, so the online firmware does not include the three preset modes found in the factory firmware, but provides more sensor support for online programming.