For MegaPi, the main control chip is Mega2560 and driver chip is CH340. For some computers, the driver may not be automatically installed, so you have to install the Driver manually.
The complete installation process of Arduino and driver is as below. (Note: You may skip the steps for installing Arduino, and only install CH340 driver)
Arduino is an open-source platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software. It includes a development environment (IDE) and library. The IDE is written in Java and based on processing environment. We provide a complete Arduino development environment for users.
Step 1: Download Arduino IDE and install Arduino driver
- Arduino IDE installation package: Windows / Mac OSX / Linux ( 32Bit | 64Bit )
- Arduino driver:
Windows : Download
Mac OSX : Me Baseboard / Makeblock Orion（CH340 driver, compatible with MegaPi mainboard） / Arduino Uno
Step2: Install Makeblock Library for Arduino
(Note: The Arduino installation package for windows has integrated the Makeblock library.)
1.Download the library zip package at: https://github.com/Makeblock-official/Makeblock-Libraries/archive/master.zip
2. Decompress the makeblock folder in the zip to the Arduino default library:
- Windows 7: “[arduino installation directory]\libraries”Your Arduino library folder now looks like this (on Windows):
[arduino installation directory]\libraries\makeblock\src
[arduino installation directory]\libraries\makeblock\example
- or like this (on Mac):
- or similarly for Linux.
3. Open Arduino IDE. If it is opened, you need to restart to see changes.
4. Click “File->Examples” to check sample code under Makeblock folder.